Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Want A Sibling Relationship Like Gayle and Liz?


Well that's too bad because there's only one Gayle and one Liz...and well we're pretty awesome.

I don't think people understand our relationship and that's ok. I don't think we do either. We can't stand each other one moment (ask Kate how awkward that can be), but the next we can be cracking up (because we are funny ALL the time).

I found a dead cat on the side of the road, so I took it home and cooked it and put some ketchup on it and ate it. Is that bad?

She doesn't judge my creepiness and I don't judge her for being so tall and into economics. We grew up together playing outside on the apricot tree, speaking in secret code for our secret club and playing Barbies. I comforted her when she was sad or frustrated and she allowed my anti- social self to be a part of her cool circle of friends.

It's hard to believe this year I'll graduate from UNM and she's 21 and traipsing around the world.

I could not be a more proud older sister. Gayle spent the summer in East Asia living and loving with students over there. She developed relationships. She shared Christ's love with them. God used her, and she was listening to Him to be used. What could make me more happy?

I think this is why we're so close. We're biological sisters, but even more than that we're sisters in Christ. We're Bill and Yong's daughters, but we're His daughters even more. How awesome is that!?

As Gayle is getting ready to leave East Asia I can't imagine what is going through her mind (since I still have a few weeks until I have to think about packing up and returning to NM). I can trust that she's trusting God, recalling the good times she's experienced this summer, and preparing to live for God (even more) for the rest of the summer and on campus this semester.

Happy (late) Birthday Gayle. I wrote you a blog post instead of buying you a baby goat, but if you see a colonial lady on the wing of your plane on the way home dressed in full colonial garb, she's from me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment