Thursday, June 30, 2011

Schedule



I have less than a month left here, which means I've spent over a month here. It just seems so surreal still that I am in Iraq. I think part of it is because this isn't the Iraq I hear about, this isn't the Iraq the news (or even video-games) showed me. Part of the separation of my Iraq and the new's Iraq is probably because I've gotten to know the people here, and I get to hear the other intern's perspectives too. Don't get me wrong Iraq is still dangerous. Some protesters were killed in the city the other day, car bombs happen in the cities around us, people we get to meet and friend have all been affected by the wars (I believe SO MUCH MORE than most people in the states have been). My Iraq still feels pain, but the news' Iraq illustrates a different kind of pain.

Anyways after reading Gayle's team's blog I thought it was smart that they shared their daily schedules. So I am going to be a copy-cat and do that too. :-)

Sunday-Thursday
8:20am| Wake up for work
8:50am-9:00am| Walk to the office
9:15am| Office meeting
9:30-12:30pm| Edit, edit, edit
12:30pm-1:30pm| Lunch
1:30-5:00pm| Work some more
  • (on some days there's an optional afternoon ice cream break- not PLC sanctioned, but too delicious to pass up most days).

5:00-6:00pm| walk home, change out of work clothes (some days cook dinner- the interns are on a rotating cooking dinner schedule)
6:30-???pm| Dinner, random hanging out, cleaning

On Sundays and Tuesdays I've been teaching English from 5-7pm.

Fridays are our day of rest...or sleeping in until noon.

Saturdays are mandatory 'be out of the house' days. On these days I go to the bazaar, meet up with friends, get coffee, and/ or walk around the city.
random pictures that have little to do with this blog taken by Adam Brandt

No comments:

Post a Comment